Geelong COVID-19 Lockdown.
Nextt is committed to continuity of essential services support to all our clients and the safety and wellbeing of all support workers.
Due to the risk associated Vic Government has stated that from 11.59pm Sunday 19/09/21 for at least 1 week, Greater Geelong and surrounds will enter lockdown.
The reasons you may leave your home include:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services
- Medical care or care giving
- Exercise outdoors for up to two hours, less than 5km from your home
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home
- To get vaccinated
To protect vulnerable adults living in supported independent living houses, the government has asked people to protect them by limiting visits to the below:
- For permitted purposes only, i.e. care or care giving or the provision of emergency health care
- No more than two visitors per day
We know this may be difficult for some, but please support us to keep people safe.
Nextt will continue to provide services in line with this advice. All workers will be provided surgical masks and will wear them during the provision of support to you/your loved one.
Nextt have been working hard nationally to keep all clients we support safe and well at this time. This includes:
- Infection Control Training
- Daily National Briefings to stay on top of state and medical advice
- Responsive communication to our workforce on their obligations to keep you safe
- Provision of PPE to workers
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 568
We want to again thank all those who are in lockdown for this period. What you are doing is not just protecting you and your loved ones but everyone.