UPDATED COVID-19 restrictions
Nextt is committed to continuity of essential supports to all our clients and the
safety and wellbeing of all support workers.
Restrictions in place
Due to the risk associated NSW Government has stated that from 6:00pm tonight Saturday 26th June until at least 11.59pm on Friday 9th July, residents of, or people whose usual place of work is in, Greater Sydney, The Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong must stay at home unless it is for an essential reason.
The reasons you may leave your home include:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services;
- Medical care or compassionate needs;
- Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer;
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
Please note there are restrictions on visitors to Supported Independent Living, Aged Care,
Hospitals, Prisons and other settings where vulnerable people may live or receive services.
This may impact on your work, so please ensure you are working in line with the restrictions in place.
We also ask you please if you have visited any of the hotspots at the times identified OR are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 to please follow health authority advice on testing and self isolation, notifying the office if this effects your ability to work.
Keeping You Safe
Nextt will continue to provide services in line with this advice. To support you we are taking the following steps
- All staff have been provided with Infection Control Training
- All staff in affected areas have been provided with an Essential Services Letter. Staff
can screen shot this letter to provide as evidence if requested.
- PPE – will be distributed via our Sydney and Toronto offices for the time period to all
support workers. Staff will wear surgical masks when in the community, and when
providing direct supports. If staff run out of PPE over the weekend, they can
purchase this locally and be reimbursed.
- All staff have been asked to carry Nextt ID
- Supported Independent Living (SIL) – there are restrictions on who can enter SIL
houses, further communication will be available to workers and clients working in
We hope that everyone is able to stay safe and well during this stressful time.