Nextt is a dynamic, National organisation that provides community based supports to NDIS participants across Australia. We have been offering disability supports since NDIS began operating and we have grown and gathered expertise in this time, earning a reputation for providing exceptional service in the field of autism, cognitive disabilities and mental health.
We are committed to delivering consistently high quality services, with respect and focus on a participant's preferences.
Do to strong growth in our client services a Full time opportunity exists for a qualified and experienced Support Coordinator located in our Coffs Harbour Office
Working with people participating in the NDIS across the region, you will source the supports and services to enable participants to reach their goals of gaining greater independence and capacity to engage in all areas of their lives. You will:
- Research, coordinate and manage a range of varied levels of supports across multiple providers, to suit participant's needs
- Connect participants with their communities and encourage involvement in both mainstream and community options
- Actively develop, implement, monitor and review participant's NDIS plans and report on progress and outcomes
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders and providers to ensure productive community and inter-agency relations
- Use a strength-based and person-centered approach to build skills capacity of participants, ensuring their goals & choices drive the process of engaging supports
Are you the kind of person who,
- Lives the principles of person-centered approach & understands that participant choice & control in all aspects of their lives is the primary consideration when offering supports to assist them in meeting their goals
- Understands the importance of maintaining professional boundaries & confidentiality, can balance dignity of risk with duty of care & is committed to workplace safety & self-care
- Enjoys working collaboratively and sharing ideas to achieve the best results
- Builds rapport with people from all walks of life and is a great communicator
- Thinks outside the square for creative solutions to complex problems
- Can confidently manage priorities & the varied support needs of NDIS participants
- Has either professional or lived experience with people with autism spectrum disorder, cognitive disabilities, acquired brain injuries or complex mental health needs
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services/Mental health/ Disability
- Knowledge & experience of NDIS funded plans with minimum 2 years experience in a support coordination role or similar
- Pre-existing knowledge, connections & networks of local social & community services available to people with NDIS funding
- Clear police check, WWCC, DWES check plus a valid driver's licence & the right to work in Australia
Working with us,
- Nextt is a national company with employment opportunities across all our offices
- Nextt is a genuinely diverse, supportive workplace where your unique skills and professional contribution will be appreciated and valued
- We value the lived experiences of our employees
- Workplace diversity is highly valued at Nextt and we recognize a diverse workforce is beneficial for our employees and those who utilize our services
We are looking for someone who has a sincere passion for social inclusion and supporting people gain access to all aspects of their local community. If you share our passion and values and are Principled, Committed, Responsive and Creative then this may be the role you have been looking for.
Apply Now If this sounds good to you, we welcome your application!