ABOUT NEXTT GROUP
We have been making a difference at Nextt for more than 20 years by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
With over 1800 staff employed across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year.
Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently building a team of Support Workers to assist in a SIL Accommodation House in Bardia. As our client requires 24 X 7 support, the team will have a variety of regular hours & long shifts.
ABOUT YOU – SELECTION CRITERIA
This is an opportunity to pave a rewarding career where you can really make a difference! No two days will ever be the same when you are providing support to our clients and you will be available to work flexible hours and providing a variety of support that includes:
- Provide quality support to people with ABI and dementia and/or disabilities
- Respectfully support all participants regardless of cultural diversity, mental, intellectual, and physical health in the same passionate manner at home and/or facilities and when in the community and assist them to explore relevant opportunities.
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS responsibilities and adherence to the WHS policies of AAA Nextt Group, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of yourself and others at work
- Support to develop and/or strengthen meaningful and sustainable networks and social relationships.
- Support residents by working across disciplines such as Self Care Support, Domestic Assistance, Community Access, Skill and Capacity Building with great care to maintain dignity and independence and continue with the best “Quality of Life”
- Ensure that environment is safe for the resident and report any Health & Safety concerns immediately to your line manager to be rectified
- Coordination of support services in each client's plan
- Empathic relationships with all clients, whilst respecting professional boundaries
- Maintaining client confidentiality, and being solution focused in your day to day work
- Adhering to our Code of Conduct and on-site work health and safety obligations
- A lateral way of thinking to meet the myriad of opportunities and needs for the people we support
- Ability to complete clear and concise documentation and, appropriate reporting
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Qualifications in Mental Health of Cert III in Disability or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in providing care, supervision, and support for individuals with complex and challenging behaviours or disabilities
- Efficient written and verbal communication along with good time management skills
- Current Police Check
- Working with Children's Check (WWCC)
- First Aid, CPR Certificate and Mental Health First Aid
- Driver License, registered vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Rights to work in Australia
- Knowledge of WHS principles
BENEFITS AND PERKS OF WORKING WITH US!
- Above average hourly pay rate with a supportive and friendly local team who support each other
- Join a leading provider of mental health and disability support services across Australia
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development and ongoing training
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Please submit your application including a resume and cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria.
The Nextt Group values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer.