ABOUT NEXTT GROUP
At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year.
Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mental Health Support Workers are responsible for providing Self Care Support, Domestic Assistance, Personal Care Community Access, Skill and Capacity Building and Supported Independent Living with great care to maintain their dignity and independence and continue with the best “Quality of Life”
As a Mental Health Support Worker, you will provide support to the clients to achieve their goals and build capacity in line with NDIS plans.
ABOUT YOU – SELECTION CRITERIA
This is an opportunity to pave a rewarding career where you can really make a difference! No two days will ever be the same when you are providing support to our clients and providing a variety of support that includes:
- Provide quality support to people with mental illness and/or disabilities
- Respectfully support all participants regardless of cultural diversity, mental, intellectual, and physical health in the same passionate manner at home and/or facilities and when in the community and assist them to explore relevant opportunities.
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS responsibilities and adherence to the WHS policies of AAA Nextt Group, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of yourself and others at work
- Report feedback and complaints, incidents, and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure all duties and tasks are completed in accordance with the plan
- Understand the individual goals of each participant, make sure all time spent with the participant is meaningful and productive in relation to the achievement of goal
- Notify respective Managers or Customer Service Consultants if procedures need updating or amending.
- Model person centred approaches for other team members; providing appropriate guidance and support.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job, both mentally and physically
- Understand and work along strong sense of professional boundaries and must be available to work Monday – Friday, along with some weekends as well
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Qualifications in Mental Health of Cert III in Disability or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in providing care, supervision, and support for individuals with complex and challenging behaviours or disabilities
- Efficient written and verbal communication along with good time management skills
- Current first aid
- Current CPR
- Current police check
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Driver License, Rego and vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Right to work in Australia
- Speaks fluent English
BENEFITS AND PERKS OF WORKING WITH US!
- Above average hourly pay rate with a supportive and friendly local team who support each other
- Join a leading provider of mental health and disability support services across Australia
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development and ongoing training
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Please submit your application including a resume and cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria.
The Nextt Group values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer.