|Job Title||SIL Support Workers - Bayside and South Brisbane Region|
For more than 20 years Nextt has been making a difference supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life. We employ over 1800 staff and deliver services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA. We provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year. Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life.
Are you keen to join a community values organisation that currently has opportunities at Wellington Pint, Capalaba, Cleveland, Birkdale and Alexandria Hills? Then please read on...
About the position...
A person centred approach to a quality life is what we do best. A consistency in working with colleagues, our leadership team and family members, along with circles of support, underpin our ethos.
Specifically you will expect the following in your day to day work:
• support to develop and/or strengthen meaningful and sustainable networks and social relationships.
• coordination of support services in each client's plan.
• Support residents by working across disciplines such as Self Care Support, Domestic Assistance, Community Access, Skill and Capacity Building with great care to maintain dignity and independence and continue with the best “Quality of Life”
• Ensure that environment is safe for the resident and report any Health & Safety concerns immediately to AAA Nextt Group management team to be rectified.
We want to see you thrive in our organisation, and sharing like minded values is the key to success. You will be able to bring the following attributes to work on a daily basis:
• Empathic relationships with all clients, whilst respecting professional boundaries;
• Maintaining client confidentiality, and being solution focused in your day to day work
• Adhering to our Code of Conduct and on-site work health and safety obligations.
• A lateral way of thinking to meet the myriad of opportunities and needs for our clients.
We are non-negotiable when it comes to ensuring our team members are compliant with State and Federal statutes. Therefore, you will need to be in possession of the following:
• Current First Aid Certification (Apply First Aid or Provide First Aid)
• Current CPR Certification
• Current non-disclosable Police History Check
• Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) – Blue Card and Yellow Card
• Driver License – as required
• Right to work in Australia
• NDIS Quality and safeguards commission certificate
We would also love to hear from you should you also hold current qualifications or significant experience in the community service/disability awareness sectors as per Australian Qualification Frameworks.
You may still have some questions, and we are happy to discuss these with you. We are a growing organisation with a steadfast commitment to bring the very best quality of life to our clients, and employee experience to our team members. The following team members are happy to take your call should you wish to explore this opportunity further:
Jenny Porter (Transition Manager) 0449 534 019 or;
Ryan Dunn (Accommodation Support) 0411 340 207
If you meet the above criteria, please APPLY TODAY WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer