At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life. We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year. Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
Nextt is looking for experienced Disability Support Workers for ongoing casual shifts to support our participant in Coorparoo.
- Ensure all duties and tasks are completed in accordance with support plan.
- Understand the individual goals of each participant, make sure all time spent with the participant is meaningful and productive in relation to the achievement of goals.
- Provide and/or support with personal care to participants.
- Prepare and/or support with meal preparation
- Perform and oversee the provision of domestic services;
- Ensure all incidents and hazards are reported in timely manner
- Provide feedback on Progress and pass on any concern to the Scheduler
- Hourly Payrate - $29.59, sleepovers, 24*7 2:1 supports
Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs.. The participant group includes all ages, diverse culture, CALD background, LGBTIQ+, diverse genders and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn. The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays, after 8pm and after 12 pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
- A minimum of Cert III in Mental Health/Disability/Community Services/Individual Support/Nursing or above with minimum of 1 year of industry experience
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Experience in supporting clients with complex behaviour support plans, cognitive disabilities, TBI/ABI, physical and verbal aggression, 24/7 care, personal care support
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Restrictive Practices, Manual Handling, Medication Management, Personal Care, Wound management, Complex behaviours and Bowel Therapy.
- Clear NDIS Worker Screening Check, Working with Children and valid Australian Driver licence with reliable transport
- Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
- Mobile phone with internet access
- The right to work in Australia and Able to provide 100 points of ID
Other Desirable Criteria:
- These positions require personal judgment. The nature of work is usually specialised with procedures well understood and clearly documented.
- Positions in this level require skills in oral and written communication with clients, other employees and members of the public.
Working with us,
- Nextt is a national company with employment opportunities across all our offices
- Nextt is a genuinely diverse, supportive workplace where your unique skills and professional contribution will be appreciated and valued
- We value the lived experiences of our employees
- Workplace diversity is highly valued at Nextt and we recognize a diverse workforce is beneficial for our employees and those who utilize our services