|Job Title||Support Worker|
At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year.
Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
Nextt is looking for experienced Disability Support Workers for ongoing casual shifts to support our high intensity participants in Geelong Area. There is an emphasis on Skill and Capacity Building to encourage independence and confidence.
· Skills of daily living such as self care activities
· Practical life skills such as organizing a home and a budget
· Supporting fitness and manual skills
· Developing skills for independence such as travel training
· Report on incidents in timely manner & ensure shift notes are up to date
Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs. The participant group includes all ages, diverse culture, CALD background, LGBTIQ+, diverse genders and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn. The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays, after 8pm and after 12 pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
· A minimum of Cert III/IV in Mental Health/Disability/Community Services or above with minimum of 4 years of industry experience
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
· Knowledge in Complex Mental Health, Social anxiety, Schizophrenia, Down syndrome, Autism, Challenging behaviours, Mental Health Disorders and Attention Deficit Disorder
· Experience in Manual Handling, Hoist, Peg feeding is desirable
· Clear NDIS Worker Screening Check, Working with Children and valid Australian Driver licence with reliable transport
· Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
· Mobile phone with internet access
· The right to work in Australia and Able to provide 100 points of ID
Please apply immediately. NOTE: only suitable candidates will be contacted