|Job Title||Disability Support Worker - Ballarat|
At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centered support to more than 1500 clients each year.
Join our team in Ballarat and support our clients to get more out of life!
Nextt has exciting opportunities for Disability Support Workers to support and implement client centered approach to our participants in Ballarat. There is an emphasis skill development within the community and Supported Independent Living.
· Skills of daily living such as self care and high intensity personal care activities
· Skills of developing community activities
· Implement client centered approach in delivering services and support
· Community assess to provide experiences to improve social skills and confidence
· High level manual handling tasks
Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs. The participant group includes all ages, diverse culture, CALD background, LGBTIQ+, diverse genders and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn. The hours of work vary (minimum 2 hours) and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays, after 8pm and after 12pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
· A minimum of Cert IV in Aged Care/Disability/Community Services or equivalent
· 1-2 years experience in disability support
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificate, Working with Children, NDIS Worker Screening check and manual handling
· Knowledge in understanding of physical, intellectual and psycho-social disabilities
· Experience in mental health will be an advantage
· Proven experience in delivering a client centered approach
· Experience with hoist and manual handling
· Valid Full drivers licence and reliable transport
· Mobile phone with internet access
· The right to work in Australia
· Able to provide 100 points of ID
Please submit your resume by clicking the APPLY button
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted