|Job Title||Lizard Behaviour Therapist - Salisbury North|
Lizard Children's Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd., is one of Australia's leading providers of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. We are growing in 2021 so if you have relevant experience, a passion for working with children and are looking for regular casual work, we would love to hear from you!
As a Lizard Behaviour Therapist, you implement high quality Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) sessions in a 1:1 environment in a child's home, day care or school following our Lizard model. This includes both structured and naturalistic teaching, collecting, recording, and graphing all data as advised by the Program Supervisor and implementing any Behaviour Intervention Plans.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to actively participate in Clinic sessions attended by the family and our Clinical team, giving you the opportunity and experience of positively influencing the future of a child with Autism and their family.
We are currently looking for a therapist to work in the Salisbury North area. The session times for this young person would be:
- Monday afternoons
- Tuesday afternoons
- Alternating weekends
The successful candidate
The young person would like to work with someone who has an interest in sport, Minecraft, Lego and Youtube. Ideally, you will have some interest in these things as well. In addition, the following would be desirable;
· Experience in dealing with young people with complex behaviours. Youth Work experience would be highly regarded
· Be a student or graduate of an Early Childhood, Youth Work, Psychology or Allied Health discipline looking for work related to your field of study
· Show an ability to develop and maintain a positive and objective relationship with a child's family
· Have previous experience working with young children with ASD and wish to further develop your career in this area (Highly Regarded)
· Resilience, maturity, and a sense of humour. A good level of physical fitness (desirable)
· Demonstrate an ability to communicate in an appropriate manner to both internal and external stakeholders. This could include clinical meetings, client notes and emails
· Be an empathetic professional who can demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
This truly is a unique opportunity and would give you the chance to combine your interests with the opportunity to take your career in a direction that really will make the difference in the lives of so many people.
Why work for Lizard?
This is an extremely rewarding chance for the right candidate and is unlikely to last. If this opportunity resonates with you, APPLY NOW. Please ensure that you have listed the suburb you reside in on your application, as this may assist us to connect you to more opportunities.
If you would like further information, please feel free to contact Troy Baker, Recruitment Partner, on (03) 9834 6016.