At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life. We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year. Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced and passionate Accommodation Manager with SIL Management background to join us on a full-time basis to mentor, manage and lead a team of House Leaders across a number of our complex Supported Independent Living Houses in Adelaide.
Reporting to the Regional Service Delivery Manager, Adelaide, this role will be responsible for:
- Leadership, operational management, and personal centred service delivery across a group of our SILs
- Ensuring incidents are actioned and investigated appropriately within required timeframes
- Oversee the NDIS planning and coordination of supports to our SIL clients
- Building the House Leader’s capabilities and a highly performing SIL team through mentoring, performance management and training
- Ensuring compliance with internal frameworks, policies, and procedure, as well as State and Federal legislation
- Engaging and building relationships with participants, their families, community stakeholders and funding bodies
- Supporting the House Leaders to cost effectively manage their rosters, budgets, and funding
- Support House Leaders to build a team of highly skilled Support Workers, to provide appropriate client services, practice and behaviours that align with Nextt policies and procedures
- Be the first point of contact for Support Coordinators, Allied Health Professionals, funding bodies and medical staff as required for accommodation services
To be a successful applicant you will have a strong passion for delivering a quality person centred service to our clients, plus have the following:
- Minimum of Diploma or Degree in Disability, Allied Health or related with at least 5 years of experience working in disability industry; NDIS or Supported Housing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Operational Management in a Community/ Supported Housing setting
- Extensive knowledge in behaviour of concerns, restrictive practices, NDIS reporting, safe work practices and government funded programs
- Understanding and implementation of person centred/directed planning and positive behaviour support
- Previous experience supporting people with complex needs and challenging behaviours including ABI, physical and cognitive disability
- Experience in working within a quality / compliance framework
- Well-developed leadership skills with the capacity to build a positive team.
- Excellent Administration, Organisational and Time Management Skills
- Clear police, working with children & NDIS worker screening check plus a valid driver's licence & the right to work in Australia
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has SIL experience and has a desire to make a positive impact and be part of a growing organisation. If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, click "Apply Now" and attach your resume and cover letter.
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer