At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been
making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health
challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
We employ over 1800 staff and services across
NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than
1500 clients each year.
Join our team and support our clients to get
more out of life!
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a full time Disability Services Officer
to join our team in Lara
(Victoria) working with our clients. This is a challenging but
rewarding opportunity for you to support our participant’s goals and
directly with our Participants and clients, who have varying needs, you will be
required to evenings at various times.
- Working in a range of service units which provide
education and community access to people with intellectual, physical,
social and emotional disabilities.
- Provide support, information and advice to clients
on emotional, financial, recreational, health, housing and other social
welfare matters, and evaluate and coordinate the services of welfare and
community service agencies.
- Assessing clients' needs and planning, developing
and implementing educational, training and support programs.
- Interviewing clients and assessing the nature and
extent of difficulties.
- Assessing community need and resources for health,
welfare, housing, employment, training and other facilities and services.
- Liaising with community groups, welfare agencies,
government bodies and private businesses about community issues and
promoting awareness of community resources and services. Provide day to
day therapeutic supports
- Implement and monitor individual plans and
- Maintenance of progress notes
- Working collaboratively with team members
Skills & Experience
The successful candidates must have as
- CertIV or Diploma in Disability / Community
- Proven experience working with
clients with mental health issues
- Experience working
with Behaviour Support Plans
- A current First Aid & CPR certificate,
National Police Check, WWCC & current Drivers Licence
Working with us
Nextt is a national company with employment
opportunities across all our offices. Nextt is a genuinely diverse,
supportive workplace where your unique skills and professional contribution
will be appreciated and valued, We value the lived experiences of our
employees. Workplace diversity is highly valued at Nextt and we recognize
a diverse workforce is beneficial for our employees and those who utilize
Apply Now If this sounds good
to you, we welcome your application!
Salary: $61,000 per annum, excluding super.
Ad opens on 17/02/2021
Ad closes on 19/03/2021