|Job Title||Expressions of Interest Lizard Behaviour Therapist - Melbourne Metro|
Lizard Children's Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd., is one of Australia's leading providers of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. We are growing in 2021 so if you have relevant experience, a passion for working with children and are looking for regular casual work, we would love to hear from you!
As an Lizard Behaviour Therapist you implement high quality applied behaviour analysis (ABA) sessions in a 1:1 environment in a child's home, day care or school following our Lizard model. This includes both structured and naturalistic teaching, collecting, recording and graphing all data as advised by the Program Supervisor and implementing any Behaviour Intervention Plans. In addition, as Behaviour Therapist you will attend our Centre in Camberwell once a month to participate actively in clinics which are attended by the family and clinical team.
The successful candidate:
· Demonstrates an ability to relate and play in an appropriate manner with young children. This could include previous experience as a youth worker, working in an early childhood setting or school, babysitting, caring for siblings etc.;
· Could be a student or graduate of an Early Childhood or Allied Health discipline looking for work related to your field of study;
· Or has previous experience working with young children with ASD and wish to further develop your career in this area;
· Show an ability to develop and maintain a positive and objective relationship with a child's family;
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and families.
Why Work for Lizard?
· You will have the rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families;
· You will receive full in-house training from our team of Board Certified Behaviour Analysts and Clinicians before being placed on to our programs;
· The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded professionals, including BCBAs and SLPs;
· Career development in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis
On your resume/cover letter please ensure to have your suburb of residence as well as your availability to work listed as we match our therapist to our clients based on location and availability.