ABOUT NEXTT GROUP
At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year.
Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking to employ a dedicated Disability Support Worker on a Casual basis to assist our clients in their home and community in West Pymble & Chatswood. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to be able to make a positive impact in our client’s life. The hours of work vary depending on the needs of our client and must be available to work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 7am – 9.30am, Saturday 8am – 10.30am, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 7pm – 8pm.
ABOUT YOU – SELECTION CRITERIA
This is an opportunity to pave a rewarding career where you can really make a difference! No two days will ever be the same when you are providing support to our clients and you will be available to work flexible hours and providing a variety of support that includes:
- Understand the client’s goals and requirements
- Follow their support plan to achieve goals, health, and wellbeing where care and/or environmental issues are complex
- Engage with clients with complex care and/or environmental circumstances to support achievement and encourages further independence
- Provide personal care, living skills, transport, and other services and support
- Support a client with a disability and their family and advocates in achieving life learning, recreation, employment and educational goals and aspirations
- Can be flexible around the client’s preferences and able to suggest alternatives and gathers information to provide to Service Leader to follow up on
- Develop appropriate working relationships with, gains the confidence, trust and respect of each client supported
- Escalate issues appropriately and prepares relevant reports and information to support decision making by more experienced staff
- Adhere to reporting, documentation, and administrative requirements. While continuing to maintain all appropriate documentation
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Cert. 3 or 4 or in Individual Support/Aged Care/ Disability (or working towards, or Allied Health students currently undertaking their degree)
- Must have experience in supporting high intensity clients with previous knowledge and training in bowel care, manual handling, catheter care, sling hoist transfers, wound management. medication administration, domestic assistance, self-care support, general community access
- Knowledge of Disability services (NDIS, Icare & Supported Housing) framework
- Current Police Check
- Working with Children's Check
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR
- Driver License, registered vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Right to work in Australia
- Knowledge of OH&S principles
BENEFITS AND PERKS OF WORKING WITH US!
- Above average hourly pay rate with a supportive and friendly local team who support each other
- Career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for one the fastest growing disability organisation
- Paid training
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Please submit your application including a resume and cover letter that addresses the above selection criteria.
The Nextt Group values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer.