|Job Title||Housing Support Officer|
At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life. We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centered support to more than 1500 clients each year. Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced and passionate Housing Support Officer to join our team in Geelong on a 12 month fixed term contract, full time hours. In this role you will provide tenancy/accommodation support, while collaborating with housing services and providers to meet client outcomes.
Reporting to the service Leader, this role will be responsible for:
• Securing positive housing outcomes, by researching, viewing, and applying for properties on behalf of clients.
• Establishing key relationships within the community/private housing sector.
• Represent Nextt at potential care team and or stakeholder meetings.
• Responsible for meeting client outcomes as determined by NDIS (and individual goals, plans and funding).
To be a successful applicant you will have a strong passion for delivering a quality person centered service to our clients, plus have the following:
• Demonstrated experience in managing the delivery of customer support plans within a disability framework
• Minimum 2 years in a customer interaction role in the disability sector or related
• Ideally tertiary qualifications in a related discipline in Health, Community, Disability or Business
• Experience in the NDIS environment
• Previous experience and/or sound knowledge of community housing desirable
• A National Police Check, Working with children’s check and clear result on the DWES
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience working with NDIS participants and has a desire to make a positive impact and be part of a growing organisation. If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, click "Apply Now”, and attach your resume and cover letter.
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer